GOOD MORNING NASHVILLE

                                   
Hello!! Nashville
Downtown Nashville
A quaint, Old-Time Hotel



I am the type who never wins any competition. I got very lucky last year when I participated in a private competition for teachers by a publishing firm in the state of Tennessee, USA. I won! One week in Nashville, Tennessee. It was great to leave my class and students behind in Lagos, for one week of knowledge and entertainment in USA.

The state of Tennessee has many towns and cities but our stop was at Nashville. Being the country music city of USA, and also a publishing centre, there was so much to see. I was in the company of a few teachers from across Africa and we were impressed by the businesses, schools, tech companies. We got insights into the world of children's education, and interacted with educators from across USA. So much to change in our education system in Nigeria.

We were told a lot of New-Yorkers migrated here, so the city is upbeat and nightlife awesome. I did some dance shuffling myself! The glitz and glamour was intoxicating. The restaurants also offered many choices. You bet we found some Naija food here.

My main love is bookstores so I had a trip around the major ones and even the out-of-way ones. Books and journals to captivate.I would say that my favourite moment from the travel was the visit to the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum.Tennessee is home to Dolly Parton and I bought myself her trademark wig! 

Story by Chyoma Peters,
Edited by Kirsten Okenwa





Comments

  1. Anietie06:59

    Thats a good opportunity for teachers, always neglected.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment